7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. — Registration Open
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. — LRA Directors Council Breakfast
Invitation-only meeting for LRA directors and deputy directors.
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. — Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. — Ensuring Financial Sustainability
A look at effective strategies for LRAs to become fiscally self-sufficient while managing the long-term success of their projects.
- Jeffrey Jordan, Deputy Director, Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority
- Fred Bryant, Operator, Federal Land Use Solutions, LLC
- Steve Levesque, Executive Director, Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority
- Ivy Owen, Executive Director, Fort Chaffee Redevelopment Authority
- Barry Steinberg, Partner, Kutak Rock LLP
10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. — Networking Break
10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. — Federal Support for Base Redevelopment
From targeted programs to tax credits, learn what resources are available to support your project and how best to employ them in your reuse approaches.
- Danielle Wheeler, Executive Director, March Joint Powers Authority
- Tedd Buelow, Acting State Director, Colorado State Office, Rural Development, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Angela Martinez, Regional Director, Denver Office, U.S. Economic Development Administration
- Patrick O’Brien, Director, Office of Economic Adjustment, U.S. Department of Defense
11:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. — Networking Break
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — Managing Land Use Controls within a Reuse Plan and LRA Operations
Land use controls are designed to prevent exposure to environmental hazards. But their placement and location on former military base property can have a dramatic effect on reuse plans. This session will address the ramifications of controls on reuse efforts, how LRAs have dealt with these challenges and the impact of controls on property value.
- Michael Monteleone, Director of Strategic Business Development, Oasis Consulting Services
- Linda Balcom, National Director, Weston Solutions, Inc.
- Michael Houlemard, Executive Officer, Fort Ord Reuse Authority
- Mara Roche, Executive Director, Jo-Carroll Depot Local Redevelopment Authority
- George Schlossberg, Partner, Kutak Rock LLP
12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. — Mobile Reuse Lab (Tours of the Former Lowry and Fitzsimons Bases)
See first-hand how local leaders put plans in motion to redevelop Lowry and Fitzsimons on our Mobile Reuse Lab tour. We will see the successes at both facilities and learn how their strategies might be transferred to other communities dealing with similar circumstances. Before the buses leave for the tour, don’t forget to pick up your grab-and-go lunch.
- Jill Farnham, former Executive Director, Fitzsimons Redevelopment Authority
- Monty Force, Executive Director, Lowry Redevelopment Authority
- Neil Krauss, Director of Initiatives and Outreach, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
- Tom Markham, former Executive Director, Lowry Redevelopment Authority
- Bob Olson, former Executive Director, Fitzsimons Redevelopment Authority
- Hilarie Portell, Director of Public Relations & Marketing, Lowry Redevelopment Authority
- Jeff Thompson, Vice President Government & Corporate Relations, UCHealth
5:00 p.m. — Buses Return to Reception and Hotel
After the tour, Buses will go directly to the Networking Reception site at: Wynkoop Brewing Company, 1634 18th St, Denver, CO 80202.
Buses will continue onto the ART Hotel for those who wish to return there directly after the tour.
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. — Networking Reception at Wynkoop Brewing Company
Wynkoop Brewing Company, 1634 18th St., Denver, CO
Following the Mobile Reuse Lab, buses will take attendees directly to our evening’s Networking Reception at the popular Wynkoop Brewing Company in the LoDo neighborhood of Denver. For those attendees who instead wish to return to the hotel after the Mobile Reuse Lab, buses will continue on to the hotel. There will be no additional bus service after that time.